Join our Democratic club!
Join our mailing list (free)Click to add your nameFor Email Marketing you can trust.
- August general meeting 8-20-17
- Channel Islands Sanctuary Comment Period open through August 14 – ACT NOW
- Action Team: Sunday Aug 6th. “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power”
- Action Team Update: Adopt a Red District (Flip the 6th – GA)
- Action Team Bulletin #7–Climate Town Hall Saturday, June 10th
- Action Team Bulletin #6 – Save the San Gabriels
- Memorial Day Parade May 29th
- Action Team Bullitan #5 – Save Rivers
January 2013 Club Meeting
Anthony and Ellen Portantino
Susan McWilliams teaches in the politics department at Pomona College, where she received the Wig Distinguished Professor Award in 2009. At Pomona, her courses include “American Democracy in Theory and Practice,” “Dangerous Books,” and “Politics and Literature.” McWilliams has recently completed a book manuscript entitled “Traveling Back: Political Theory in an Age of Globalization,” and she is working on a volume that explores the political thought of James Baldwin. She is the co-editor, with Patrick Deneen, of Wilson Carey McWilliams’ recently released books “The Democratic Soul” and “Redeeming Democracy in America.” McWilliams received her BA in Russian and political science from Amherst College and her MA and PhD in politics from Princeton University. McWilliams grew up in New Jersey but is a fifth-generation Californian who now lives in Claremont with her husband, their daughter, a parrot, and a flock of beautiful chickens.