The application to run for the Assembly District Delegate and Assembly District Executive Board representative is now open!
The application deadline to apply for the 2017-2019 cycle is December 8, 2016. Click here for more information.
Why be a DSCC (Democratic State Central Committee) Delegate?
A DSCC delegate is the representative for their committee and specific district. Delegates attend the annual Democrats Convention, network with other Democrats, elect Party officers, promote the California Democratic Party agenda, endorse candidates for statewide, legislative and congressional office, and vote to endorse resolutions and ballot measures all doing so while representing their constituency.
Members of the DSCC (also known as “Delegates”) come from the following sources:
- Elected through county committees
- Appointed by Democratic elected officials or the highest vote-getting Democrat if no Democrat was elected to, based off the most recent election or elected through their Assembly District (ADDs)
- The DNC State party Delegates (CA DNC members
- Current/ Past Officers Statewide Officers and Regional Directors
- California Democratic Council
- California Young Democrats
- Statewide Chartered Organizations (chair Only)